I am the founder of Hill Law Group, PA. The firm opened in 2002, and is devoted to the field of elder law. I earned my Law degree from Stetson University College, here in St. Petersburg, in 1997 and have a B.A. in Social Work. I am a Board Certified Specialist in Elder Law, certified by both the Florida Bar and the National Elder Law Foundation, and I am also a member of The Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP) for National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
As a US military veteran, I continue to be a speaker at several continuing legal education programs in my field and I am an adjunct professor at Stetson where I teach courses in elder law.
Prior to opening Hill Law Group, PA, I was employed by the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Court where I played a key role in the establishment of the Elder Justice Center; a unique court program designed to help elderly individuals gain access into the court system. The program, with its operations manual and procedures, has been a model for similar programs around the U.S.
Community service is important to me. Currently, I serve as the 2015-16 Chair for the Board of PARC, a local organization that serves individuals with developmental disabilities. I am an active supporter of the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. I am also a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, where I serve on the Practice Success Section Steering Committee.
I either serve or have served in legal and non-legal community service roles with the following organizations:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- NAELA Program and Education Committee
- NAELA Practice Success Section, Steering Committee
- Florida Bar, Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Florida Bar, Elder Law Certification Committee
- Florida Bar, Elder Law Section, UPL Committee
- Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
- Florida Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Pinellas Better Living for Seniors Network
- Gulfport Senior Center Foundation Board
- Alzheimer’s Association- Florida Gulf Coast
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program
- St Petersburg Bar Association
On a personal note, I have 3 adult children. On occasion, my little dog, Mitzi works in the office with me. back in 2006, as a way to balance my life, I began participating in endurance sports. I have since completed a marathon, numerous half marathons, 5ks, cycling events and triathlons including a half iron man. Having never participated in sports prior to 2006, I am proof that it’s never too late to start.